Redbrand Credit Union offers a VISA Check Card to qualified members. Access cash at ATMs worldwide and wherever VISA is accepted. Debit cards are protected with multiple forms of fraud detection and protection, including VISA’s Zero Liability® Policy.
ATM Fee Refund Program
Qualified members are automatically enrolled in our ATM Fee Refund Program. The first eight fees charged for withdrawals at ATM machines that are not owned by Redbrand Credit Union will be refunded. Refunds are credited to the savings account, typically by the 1st of the following month. To qualify members must:
- Have $500 in deposits in the previous 30 days
- Have a Share Draft/Checking Account with Redbrand CU
- Be enrolled in Home Banking and E-Statements
- Have an open loan or VISA Credit Card with Redbrand CU
ATM Transactions (PIN based) have a $500** daily limit and Point of Sale transactions (VISA/Signature based) have a daily limit of $1,000**. POS limit may be increased, contact the Credit Union for details.
* Deposit Holds and Restrictions may apply.
** Limit may be lower for some cardholders.
A PIN number is automatically assigned to your VISA Check Card. This is mailed separately from your card, usually arriving a few days after the card. Cardholders are welcome to change the PIN number on their cards to one of their choosing. Just bring the card in to any of our locations – please allow 1 business day for the update to take effect. The PIN number created will carry over to replacement cards that are issued with the same card number.
We take Fraud Protection very seriously. As card use increases globally, so does card exploitation. A first line of defense against card fraud is the issuance of EMV/Chip Cards. Chip security technology is far harder to circumvent than Magnetic Strip technology.
Another defense is constant real-time fraud monitoring. Our fraud department is monitoring the complex landscape of card fraud 24/7. If fraud is suspected, you will likely be contacted to verify transactions. If enrolled in txt notifications, you may receive a txt notification first. If a valid transaction that was flagged for fraud is verified, the card service will be reinstated. If a transaction cannot be verified, the card may be considered compromised and not reinstated. Depending on the severity of the fraud threat, the card may not be de-activated.
Newly ordered cards are automatically enrolled in TXT notification. If you would like to receive fraud alerts via txt, please reply to the txt received. Cardholders may be enrolled later by contacting the Credit Union.
Fraud detection is strongest when combined with CardValet – which puts card control in your hands. Please take a few minutes to install this and configure this on your mobile device.
If you suspect fraud on your card and have Card Valet installed on your mobile device, immediately turn the card off. If you do not have Card Valet, call the Credit Union during business hours at (309) 697-1447 and or after hours call 1 (800) 472-3272.
See VISA Check Card Disputes for additional information on unauthorized payments.
Protect your card: To prevent potential losses from unauthorized charges it is important to keep your card and other confidential information safe. Suggested best practices include:
- Do not write down your PIN number. If you must write it down, do not keep it anywhere near your card.
- Choose to sign whenever possible. This minimizes opportunities for fraudsters to obtain your PIN. If entering your PIN, cover the keypad while entering the number.
- Shop with merchants you know and trust.
- Shop only online stores that utilize secure software. Look that the web browser is secure (https:// or image of a locked padlock in URL).
- Prior to using your card at any unmanned kiosk (eg ATM or gas pump), check for a skimming device by gently pulling or nudging the reader. If it isn’t secure, do not proceed.
- Never send payment or any confidential information via email.
- Reconcile (balance) your account regularly.